One can really ask the question, as the drone technology has made a lot of progress in recent years.
First of all, drones can do a lot of things that were not possible thanks to the miniaturization of electronic components. They are often equipped with high definition cameras. But they can do many other things. They can :
- send flames
- send insecticide to destroy Asian wasp or hornet nests
- carry packages as for the Amazon company
- carry people like Airbus
- and lots of other properties
They can also simply be equipped with light of all colors.
Another property is very interesting: the flight of drones can be controlled by distance, and directed through a computer program. As a result, they can very accurately coordinate their flight not related to each other and perform an overall flight.
So we begin to see shows of hundreds, and sometimes thousands of drones with fairies of color and movement in the dark sky.
What are the benefits of these shows compared to conventional fireworks?
- Less noise, even if the flight of drones is not perfectly silent.
- Indeed, fireworks often frighten birds and some die
- An infinity of figures in the sky, computer programs being unlimited
- Better environmental protection because more particles are released into nature with fireworks
On the other hand, it is necessary to regulate the risk of falling of a drone on spectators. The obvious solution is to make these shows over risk-free areas: lake, river, mountain, …