Real estate and property news, just for you!
We present in this article the best schools of architecture in the USA:
- Yale, School of Architecture
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- University of Pennsylvania, School of Design
- University Cornell, College of Architecture, Art and Planning
- University of Cincinnati, Design, Architecture, Art and Planning
- Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- University of Michigan, Taubman College, Architecture and Urban Planning
- University of Syracuse, Syracuse (New York), Syracuse University School of Architecture
- University of Texas, Austin, School of Architecture
- University of Kansas, College of Architecture, Planning and Design
- Florida International University, Miami, FIU School of Architecture
- University of Columbia, New York, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
But this ranking is necessarily arbitrary because it includes many criteria. Indeed, for a student living in New York, a nearby school but less prestigious will be preferable to a school in Los Angeles more prestigious. The criterion of employability can also be considered essential. Leaving a school with a degree is not enough. You have to be able to find an interesting and well paid job. But it also depends on the reputation of the school, for example internationally. To make a big project in Asia or Europe, we will rely on the reputation of the school in addition to the CV of the candidate.
Finally, the most important criterion is the following: whatever the level of school, it is the motivation of the student that is important. Being first in school, even if it’s average, will sometimes be better than being the last of a prestigious school.
We will return regularly to this post to modify it and take into account the evolution of the reputation of these schools.