Real estate and property news, just for you!
Here is an activity that is widespread in the United States and much less in Europe: home staging. We can consider this as real estate marketing. The goal is to value a property to sell or rent.
We consider that a sale is made in the first moments of the visit. The first impression is therefore essential. Buyers must be able to imagine themselves in the house that will become their place of life. Several problems can appear:
- House too old and damaged, except for those who want to renovate but offer a price too low
- House without furniture and decoration that gives the impression that no one has lived inside
- House with too much decoration, too personalized
To avoid these three problems, home staging, which appeared in the United States in the 1970s, has become an almost unavoidable practice. First proposed by professionals of the decoration, it is proposed more and more by the real estate agents. Thus, real estate agents can earn a sales commission on the house while saving time on the sale and why not make a profit on home staging benefits.
Let’s talk price: home staging rarely exceeds 5% of the sales price. But that allows two things:
- Speed up the selling time
- Increase the selling price, sometimes from 10 to 20%.
What should be done for home staging?:
- Clean the house or apartment
- Mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges
- Repaint the walls in a neutral color, if possible white
- Remove as much furniture as possible and leave only those who showcase the house
- Repairing minor damage, such as a broken electrical outlet, a small hole in a wall, a bulb that does not work
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom and toilets
- Air the house or apartment before visits to feel fresh and eliminate odors
Then, make a plan of house or apartment on a software like archiplain and offer a free access to your customers who will be able to put their furniture and decorations in this accommodation.